- Why „Bats in towns“?
- European boreal bats
- Identification of bats
- Experience with bat research in towns and elsewhere
- Bat-work carried out in European towns and elsewhere
- Cooperation between researchers and town planners
- Mapping bats
- Ongoing projects
- Project reports
- References to our bat-work
- Publications on detector-based methods
- Published books and films
- Bats, photos and poetry ...
- Useful links
- „Bats in towns“ team
- Bat courses and tours
- Bat learning events in 2017
- Genius of Nature Conservation
- Golden Steps of Honour
- Building a knowledge-based society
- Publications after 2017 etc.
Bats, photos and poetry ...
A boreal bat flying in the light. This happens in European north, more often in spring and autumn when e.g. Northern Bat (like the one on this photo) takes a short flight just minutes after sunset. This is the time when some tiny insects fly as well, so the bat can catch some of them to fill its stomach.
This observation at Ahli (Läänemaa, Estonia) was made on 18 October 2015. Photo by Matti Masing (Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX300).